What do I need to bring?
We encourage you to bring a yoga mat, towel, and bottle of water. If you forget or need any of these items, they can be purchased or rented at the front desk. We suggest you wear clothes that allow you to move freely and sweat. You may want to bring a change of clothes for after class. When you arrive, remove your shoes and socks. Most importantly, bring an open mind.
What if I’m not flexible?
This is a common and mistaken concern about yoga. Modern lifestyles cause our bodies to be stiff and tight. Yoga is a non-competitive practice – please don’t compare your flexibility to others. We encourage you to set up your mat at the back of the room so you can view the other practitioners in front of you and use their bodies and poses as guides. Be sure to listen to your body and back off if you feel any pain. As you increase your body awareness and become more attune to the line between discomfort and growth, you will learn how to challenge yourself appropriately. Remember: anybody can touch their toes – just bend your knees!
Do you offer discounts?
Yes! You are eligible for 10% off the 10-class package or the Monthly Unlimited Membership if you are a student, a teacher, or have at least 55 years of life experience – just bring a valid ID with you!
We also offer yoga for trade – an opportunity to clean the yoga studio in exchange for unlimited yoga. Please contact the Studio Manager if you are interested.
Is there anything I need to know about yoga etiquette?
The yoga community is loving and supportive – we cultivate mindfulness through respect, consideration, and cleanliness. Please observe the following guidelines during your visit.
• Class starts on time and students are not admitted after the class begins. We recommend you arrive 15 minutes before your first class.
• Be considerate to other students who are sensitive to smells. Avoid strong odors in the yoga room, including lotions and perfume. Showers are available for your convenience.
• This is a barefoot studio – shoes are allowed in the lobby only. Leave all personal belongings (phone, wallet, purse, etc) in the locker room. Locks are available if you don’t have your own.
• Observe silence in and around the yoga rooms. Enjoy conversation at the community table in the lobby.
• If you are pregnant, have an injury, or have a change in health condition, please infom your techer.
• Be kind.